Schlafly Stout & Oyster Festival
2021 ANNOUNCEMENT: Stout & Oyster Fest is back March 19th & 20th, but to no surprise – it looks a little different this year! Celebrate this year's fest at a reserved table in our outdoor Shuckerdome tent or pre-order some Oyster Stout & Po’boys to pick up at our drive-thru that weekend. Check out more info on each option in the FAQ section!
Beer, shuckers and over 80,000 oysters converge on St. Louis from both coasts for the Schlafly Stout and Oyster festival. There’s no handy metaphor for the atmosphere created by 20 professional shuckers with live music as their backdrop and a selection fifteen-plus stouts on tap.
It’s the largest festival of its kind in the Midwest, and we’re proud to bring it to the Historic Tap Room. Check out the video below that captures the essence of our premier celebration of stouts.
Like all events this year, Stout & Oyster Festival 2021 looks a little different. Instead of what we’ve normally done in the past, we’re giving you 2 unique ways to celebrate our most beloved event.
- (SOLD OUT) RESERVE A TABLE IN THE SHUCKERDOME outdoor tent for 2-6 people. Reservations cost $12/person and includes your first 2 beers. Reservations may be purchased at one of the available 4-hour sessions on either March 19th or 20th. During your chosen section, you will be able to order food and beer from your server. See below for our 2021 Shuckerdome menu items. Please Note: The Tap Room inside menu is not available in the Shuckerdome.
- PRE-ORDER FROM OUR BIERGARTEN DRIVE-THRU MENU and pickup your order on either March 19th or 20th via our drive-thru biergarten window. Enjoy the food of Stout & Oyster Fest at home! See below for 2021 menu items.
The Schlafly Tap Room - Downtown St. Louis
Table Reservations in the Stout & Oyster Shuckerdome outdoor tent can be made for one of the following sessions:
- Friday, March 19th, 5-9pm
- Saturday, March 20th, 11am-3pm
- Saturday, March 20th, 5-9pm
Stout & Oyster’s Biergarten Drive-Thru will be open the following hours for those that pre-ordered only, so make sure you pre-order to guarantee an order!
- Friday, March 19th, 5-7pm
- Saturday, March 20th, 11am-7pm
- You will select your pickup time upon preorderding.
- The drive-thru will NOT BE OPEN for drive-up orders that weren’t pre-ordered.
Yes, table reservations must be made to eat & drink in the Stout & Oyster Shuckerdome tent. RESERVATIONS ARE SOLD OUT.
We will NOT be taking reservations to eat & drink inside the Tap Room, and tables will be sat on a first come, first served basis.
The Stout & Oyster Shuckerdome is an outdoor tent that will be located on the Schlafly Tap Room parking lot. There will be limited tables socially distanced 6ft apart, as well as individual tents for smaller group sizes. The tent will be open to keep airflow going and to comply with STL City guidelines.
We’re still flying in fresh West Coast oysters overnight and preparing them in several ways, so you can expect to experience all the same great food and beer in this year’s Shuckerdome tent, without having to fight for a seat. Tables are reserved only so you’ll have your own server to bring you what your crew wants, and we’ll pump in some great funk and zydeco tunes to get the vibes right. Reservations can be made for 2-6 people and last 4 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Table reservations are required and cost $12/person, which covers your first 2 beers when you arrive. Table reservations can be made for 2-6 people. Please select the appropriate number when checking out, as we will not be able to add more chairs to your table once you arrive. Someone from your party must arrive within a half hour to hold your reservation. Any reservation that does not arrive within that half hour will be given away.
Table reservations are non-refundable and seating locations will be on a first available basis. If you wish to transfer the name on your reservation, you may do so up to 48 hours prior to the event.
Arrive during your selected window of time at the Schlafly Tap Room (2100 Locust St.) Pull up in front of our biergarten gates on 21st Street FACING SOUTH, towards Olive Street. That means your passenger side window will be closest to the gates. Our host will run out and confirm your name and order and then bring you your food.
The Tap Room will be open for business per usual with some extra Stout & Oyster items thrown in there. Table service will only be available, and we will be operating at a lower capacity to comply with STL City guidelines. Tables inside will be first come, first served and we will not be taking reservations for inside dining.
Curbside ordering for our normal Tap Room menu will be closed 3/19 & 3/20.
This year, the Shuckerdome will feature 3 freshly shucked West Coast oyster varieties that you can order raw by the half or full dozen.
- Penn Cove Select
- Dabob Bay
- Sunset Beach
Additional oyster menu offerings, besides Raw:
- Fried Oysters
- Oyster Po’ Boy
- Roasted Oysters
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Oyster Chowder
- Shrimp Po’ Boy
- Oyster Po’ Boy - $12
- Shrimp Po’ Boy - $12
- ½ Dozen Fried Oysters - $12
- ½ Dozen Roasted Oysters - $16
- ½ Dozen Rockefeller Oysters - $18
- Oyster Chowder - $8
- Pretzel - $3
If you reserve a table in the Stout & Oyster Shuckerdome, you’ll get to choose from any of the below stouts, including some featured exclusively at the festival.
- Oyster Stout
- Coffee Stout
- Oatmeal Stout
- Mexican Chocolate Stout
- Export Stout
- Berry Brunch Stout
Don’t forget – all reservations made include your first 2 beers! Reserve a table HERE.
Of course! You'll be able to purchase not just your favorite Schlafly stouts, but plenty of other styles, such as White lager, IPA, Pale Ale and Boomerang.
This event is a celebration of all things oyster, but we’ll have both Shrimp Po’ Boys and Pretzels available in the Shuckerdome & Biergarten Drive-Thru for our non-oyster loving friends.
INSIDE TAP ROOM: Our normal menu will be available for purchase inside the Schlafly Tap Room for dine-in orders only. Please note, you must have a table inside the brewpub to order from our full menu. Curbside for our normal menu will be closed 3/19 & 3/20.
To make Stout & Oyster Festival a safe and fun experience for all, we’ve worked with STL City to put the following guidelines in place. We can only host this event if everyone complies, so please know that by reserving a table your entire party is agreeing to abide by the below guidelines.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED at all times when not seated at your table. Please, no exceptions.
- TABLES ARE DISTANCED 6ft apart to keep with social distanced guidelines.
- REMAIN AT YOUR TABLE for the duration of the event, unless having to use the restroom of course. We will have servers to take your order and bring you any food & beer you need.
- ASSIST WITH CONTRACT TRACING per St. Louis City requirements. We will require contact information from at least one person in your group should we need to contact you.
- SHOW UP HEALTHY & SYMPTOM FREE – It’s that simple. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay home.
- ALL EMPLOYEES WILL HAVE THEIR TEMPERATURE TAKEN and confirmed they aren’t showing any symptoms before clocking in for shifts.
- HAND SANITIZER WILL BE FLOWING, and each table will have their own bottle. We will also have hand washing stations located inside and outside as well.
- TENT WILL BE OPEN AIR to ensure plenty of fresh air will be flowing.
To keep the Shuckerdome vibes right, we’ll have a great playlist of funk, zydeco, blues, and more! Due to COVID-19, we are not able to host live bands to adhere to space restrictions.
The Stout & Oyster Shuckerdome will be on our main parking lot; however, some parking spaces will still be accessible. There is also street parking nearby as well as some public lots. As always, we encourage designated drivers if drinking at the event.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow dogs at this year’s event.
Table reservations are non-refundable and seating locations will be on a first available basis. If you wish to transfer the name on your reservation, you may do so up to 48 hours prior to the event by emailing email@example.com.