Schlafly Art Outside Festival
Like beer, art brings people together. That’s why we established Schlafly’s Art Outside Festival back in 2004. Hosted at the Bottleworks location in Maplewood, we aim to raise awareness and appreciation of art and music created in our very own community.
Each year, we feature over 60 artists you’ve never heard of and deliver a family-friendly experience you won’t find anywhere else. Featuring artists who specialize in photography, woodwork, mixed media, jewelry and so much more - get to know art without pretense.
Schlafly Bottleworks - Maplewood
Art Outside is held yearly Memorial Day Weekend, but due to COVID restrictions, we have decided to move the event to the below dates in 2021:
Friday, October 1, 2021: 4pm-10pm
Saturday, October 2, 2021: 11am-10pm
Sunday, October 3, 2021: 11am-4pm
We are proud to host 60+ local artists, all residing & working within 125-mile radius of Schlafly Bottleworks.
Our 2021 artists include:
- A & M Accessories
- A Year in the City
- Allison L Norfleet Bruenger
- Anthony Borchardt
- Ascendant Jewelry
- B. Eugene Bauer
- Beqi Clothing
- Bill Schnur
- Bohemian Babies
- Charles T Dana
- Christiane Danna
- Christopher Lynch
- david patton
- Dennis McCarthy
- Dennis Minner
- Erin Alice Gray
- Flair City Supply Co
- Gary Halsey
- Golden Gems
- JB Design & Illustration by Joseph Bodus
- Jeane Vogel
- Jimmy Liu
- JK Furniture Designs
- Joel Epstein
- Jon Biscan
- Josh Seubert
- Key Rose Customs
- KneeHigh Prints
- Leia zumbro
- Leigh Roberts
- Lisa Crisman/Left Ear Art
- Liz Davidson mostlyfibers
- Locus Photoart
- Matthew Hemminghaus
- Melissa Villadiego
- Michael Plurad-Illustrator and Designer
- Michelle Rocco
- New Spin on Tradition: Handmade Pottery
- Paper Loft Creations
- Paul Trinklein Jon Bernhardt
- Rebecca A. Grant
- Riley Construction Toys
- Rob Gilmore
- Rocky Pardo
- Sadly Harmless
- Sara Patino Jewelry
- Sarah Shoot
- Sarah Zickler Fine Art
- Sherry Day
- Sprouted Designs
- Stellar Batik
- Stephanie Gobby Illustration
- Tai Taeoalii
- Terri Myer
- Terry "Buddy" Shaw
- Tim & Pam Frye
- Uncertain Angle
- West Park Creative
- Willey Pottery
- William McKenney
- Zak Pottery
Nope! Art Outside is a free and family friendly event. Simply purchase whatever beer, food and art you'd like.
Art Outside features all of our summer favorites. Expect to see styles like IPA, Pale Ale, Raspberry Hefeweizen, Summer Lager and more. Stay tuned for official beer list!
Art Outside features festival-style food outside, as well as our full menu available inside for table service. Stay tuned for our official festival food menu!
Art Outside will be cashless at all Schlafly bars and food tents, and only credit cards will be accepted. Please check with Artists individually to see what form of payment they accept.
What pairs better with local beer and local art than local music?! Check back here closer to the festival for our lineup of all local St. Louis bands.
Friday, October 1st
- 4:30-6pm: One Way Traffic
- 6:30-8pm: Prairie Rehab
- 8:30-10pm: Little Dylan Band
Saturday, October 2nd
- 11am-Noon: Stank Thunder
- 12:30-2pm: Jon Bonham & Friends
- 2:30-4pm: Skylar Rogers & the Blue Diamonds
- 4:30-6pm: Dogtown Records Presents
- 6:30-8pm: Pono AM
- 8:30-10pm: Brother Lee & the Leather Jackals
Sunday, October 3rd
- 11am-Noon: The Bronx Cheers
- 12:30-1:30pm: Cree Rider w/ Band
- 2-4pm: The Hilary Fitz Band
We are thrilled to have Artists First hosting booths for kiddos to enjoy during the festival. Check out below what they have in store for you!
- Full Legal Graffiti - $10
- Always wanted to try graffiti, but worry about getting in trouble? Well, worry no more! YOU can be like Banksy and make your very own stencil graffiti art! *No wall required
- Painting with your Dog (Kids) - $20
- Your dog has always wanted to be an artist. Don't deny them their dreams. Unlock their full creative potential with a canvas painting. No dog? Kids can do this one with their paws too.
- Birch Tree Forest - $20
- Paint a beautiful forest of colorful trees in this failure-free activity. Perfect for hanging above your desk and getting lost in during boring Zoom classes. No skills necessary, we promise.
- Spinny Spin Art - $10
- A classic kid favorite. Use our high-tech "Spin Box," our paint, and your creative vision. Mask a mess here but only take home the art!
Nope! Art Outside is a family friendly event, so bring the kids and enjoy some art. Of course, it is 21+ to drink.
Well-behaved doggos on leashes are allowed. Please keep in mind this event takes place on our parking lot with large crowds.
Since Art Outside takes place on our main parking lot, there will not be immediate parking available. There are several public lots nearby, as well as street parking - but they will fill quickly. We encourage public transportation, cabs, Uber or biking.
Please be mindful and considerate of our neighbors when deciding where to park.
The safety of our customers, vendors and employees is top priority. Therefore, we are putting the below practices in place and ask our attendees follow the below guidelines.
- Art Outside will be cashless at all Schlafly bars and food tents, and only credit cards will be accepted. Please check with Artists individually to see what form of payment they accept.
- All employees will be required to wear masks while working the event.
- Any unvaccinated guests are asked to wear a mask while not actively eating or drinking.
- Vaccinated guests are encouraged to wear masks while not actively eating or drinking.
- We ask that you please wear a mask while ordering from any of our bars or food tents.
Most importantly, to keep our events as safe as possible, we highly encourage all guests and employees to be vaccinated before attending this event. If you anyone is feeling ill, or showing any signs of COVID-19, we kindly ask that you refrain from attending our events.
Please check back here for more information and updates regarding any safety requirements put in place by St. Louis City, County or the CDC for our 2021 event.
Due to not being able to host our normal art fair in 2020, we have invited our already accepted artists to participate at the 2021 event.
Applications for the 2022 fair will open November 1, 2021 and remain open until January 31, 2022.