Make This: Pumpkin Ale Cake
Our Schlafly Pumpkin Ale Cake is super straight forward to make, and you, your friends, and your family will love it! It is great for Friendsgiving, holiday parties, or just for fun! Make sure to enjoy the leftover Pumpkin Ale too!
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tbsp Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sugar, oil, and Schlafly Pumpkin Ale in the bowl, scoop in the can of pumpkin, and mix.
- Add in the salt, baking powder and soda, and spices, and blend thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour a little bit at a time until smooth.
- Fully coat a Bundt pan with no-stick cooking spray, and spoon in the batter into the pan.
- Smooth the top of the batter to even it out. It will be the bottom of your cake.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool and invert.
- Let cool. Two options for topping:
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
- Make a Pumpkin Ale glaze by whisking the ingredients until smooth, then let drizzle when cake is entirely cooled.
- Slice up, enjoy, and serve plain or with whipped cream