Celebrate #EarthDay at home this year. Make your own Beer Can Succulent Planter with a recycled Schlafly beer can and the succulent or cactus of your choice.
- An empty & clean Schlafly Beer can of your choice
- Potting Soil
- Pebbles or Rocks
- One Succulent or Cactus
- Can opener
- A paper towel
- Thoroughly wash your can if you have not already. We used dish soap and water. Dry off with a paper towel.
- Turn your can upside and use the nail to hammer two holes in the bottom of the can. They should be opposite each other to properly drain the can.
- Flip the can right side up and remove the inner lid of the can with a can opener. Be careful as to not cut yourself.
- Layer rocks and pebbles at the bottom of the can. This will add weight to the can as well as help drain water in the plant.
- Add potting soil and pack in tightly.
- Take or succulent of choice, carefully break up the soil and plant in into your can. Add more soil if needed.
- Water your new plant and continue to lightly water once a week.